A Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) is an accredited, enclosed area that is used to process or store Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) level classified information. Access to SCIFs is absolutely restricted. All of the activity and conversation inside a SCIF is, by design, confidential and secure. SCIFs can be used to provide secure facilities in which to process and store sensitive computer systems, networks and documents. The physical security protection for a SCIF is intended to detect and prevent visual, acoustical, technical, and physical access by unauthorized persons.
AiNET can provide physical and network security personnel as well as mission support personnel including IT, Accounting, Project Management and Administration.
The exact purpose of a SCIF determines its particular construction requirements.
AiNET is an industry leader in the design and construction of datacenters for SCIF use. AiNET provides total construction services for SCIFs, including risk assessment, facility design, and ongoing operational and security support. All SCIF construction is performed by knowledgeable, cleared personnel. In addition, AiNET assists in the preparation and accreditation of the facility with the sponsoring agency.
To meet your temporary or swing space requirements economically, AiNET also designs and builds mobile, modular, and easily-deployable SCIFs or containerized SCIF units.
From DCID 6/9 & ICD requirements, STC (Sound Transmission Class) specifications, Electronic Emissions (TEMPEST) and physical security standards, AiNET unconditionally guarantees accreditation of our SCIF by any Government agency.
SCIF construction typically consists of one or more of the following:
- Extending existing partitions to the deck;
- Upgrading existing partitions to STC-45;
- Installing insulation;
- Installing expanded meta or steel platel;
- Access control, combination locks and other devices
- Man-bars, inspection ports and non-conductive boots for ductwork;
- Sound baffles, permanently installed wave forms and other solutions;
- Patching above-ceiling wall penetrations;
- Placing non-conductive sleeves on plumbing pipes;
- Relocating electrical wiring;
- Kinetic Isolation Hangers;
- Acoustical doors and seals;
- Vault doors, including GSA class 5, 6 & 8 vault doors;
- White noise generators;
- EMI/RFI Shielding, Foil Radiant Barrier;
- Spin dial, electromechanical locks;
- Cypher locks.
For organizations requiring SCIF workstations or datacenter space, AiNET is your trusted partner. AiNET:
- Assures your SCI is protected and stored in an accredited SCIF, as defined by Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/9 standards, NISPOM or new ICD/ICS 705 standards.
- Meets the regulations of SCIF throughout the construction, access control, and arming of your facility.
- Incorporates the latest and most secure technology available to ensure that your SCI stays classified.
- AiNET will work with the SOIC, DCI, and your CSA throughout the accreditation process to ensure on-time delivery.
- AiNET will create or enhance your DIACAP, FISMA and other IA controls to ensure BCP, BPP and STIG compliance.
If your organization is considering a SCIF or has any questions about their use or construction, please contact AiNET.