The licensed Master Electrician will install, maintain and repair electrical systems. They will make sure that electrical systems are safe and running efficiently on new equipment and systems, as well as, repair and maintain pre-existing systems. The Master Electrician will draw up plans, apply for permits, lay wire, and participate in inspections.
- Installing, repairing, and servicing electrical systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches when required.
- Guiding and overseeing other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Drawing up preventative maintenance measures and explaining these to clients and other electricians.
- Obtaining required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
- Testing and troubleshooting systems.
- Providing assistance during emergencies.
- Updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients.
- Liaising with clients, vendors, and other electricians.
- Use diagnostic tools to test circuits and ensure they are correctly installed and in working order.
- Rewire or reinstall to fix faulty electrical systems.
- Color Vision: Master electricians work with colored wiring and must be able to identify them by sight.
- Troubleshooting: Master electricians must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions.
- Customer Service: Master electricians often work for many different customers, and must be friendly when working on site.
- Critical Thinking: When diagnosing problems, Master electricians must think critically in their process of repairing the issue.
- Mechanical Skills: Master electricians read blueprints and schematics and use an array of tools and diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts.
- Judgement and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Master Electrician license in Maryland
- 8 – 10 years of experience
- Engineering, PE experience a plus
- Testing including NETA experience a plus
- Familiarity with all safety, testing and acceptance procedures (ANSI, BICSI, TIA, NETA, OSHA, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org