Position: NOC Technician – Tier II
Perm Salary: $50K-$60K DOE
Location: Beltsville, MD 20705
Work Status: US Citizen
- Experience: 2-3 Years
- Strong Linux / Unix Administration experience
- In-depth knowledge of the FreeBSD operating system and various Linux derivatives
- Proficient with VMware
- DNS (Domain Name Storage) Experience
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be available to work the times and days specified
- Must be willing to have work schedule altered as needed
- Must pass civil and criminal background, and drug test investigation
Day to Day:
The primary responsibilities of this position will focus on server administration and break-fix. This position will also be responsible for administering LAMP style (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) deployments well beyond simple installation and configuration. This may include tuning either application for high-performance web serving and database-queries. Primary day-to-day responsibilities will be split between the installation and configuration of new customer software and applications, and the support of existing customer open source applications and servers. Customers, via a ticket based on an established support ticket system, will dictate 90% of your work.
Ideal Candidate: Ideal candidates will have aptitude and knowledge in the following areas:
- NIX Operating Systems, specifically FreeBSD and/or Linux derivatives. Ability to administer these systems at the command line.
- LAMP based deployments (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP), including performance tuning.
- Shell scripting and automation of system tasks (Bourne Shell, BASH, CSH are acceptable).
- Cisco IOS and switch based networking. Basic configuration of Cisco switches, including routing of IP addresses (IPv4 & IPv6). Experience with BGP4 and/or MPLS encapsulation a plus.
Ideal candidates will also display knowledge or a willingness to acquire knowledge of the following areas:
- Advanced performance tuning of *NIX derived Operating Systems.
- Installation and configuration of both Windows and various *NIX OS.
- Installation and configuration of Virtualization technologies such as VMware/Xen/XenCenter/MS Hyper-V
- Cisco IOS and switch based network topologies, such as basic TCP/IP routing, OSPF, BGP4, MPLS and familiarity with Cisco devices.
This is a shift-based position located in Beltsville, MD. There are two potential shifts. The first shift will run Sunday – Tuesday from 7 AM – 7 PM, and Wednesday from 7 AM – 1 PM. The second shift will run Wednesday from 1 PM – 7 PM, and Thursday – Saturday from 7AM – 7 PM.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org