Duration: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $30 – $33 / hour
Location: Multiple Property Locations Throughout DMV
The primary responsibility is to focus on operation, maintenance, renovation, and repair of stationary engines, boilers, and other mechanical equipment to provide utilities for our 24 hours 7 days a week data center.
- Preventive maintenance: replace pumps, mechanical seals, fan, change/add oil, and replace belts, motors, oil filters, air filters on a daily, weekly, monthly, semiannually and annually basis. Must have standalone experience.
- Perform frequent inspection and repairs of all systems and auxiliary equipment.
- Observe meters and gauges to ensure equipment is operating properly.
- Inspect and repair pipe fittings, including but not limited to; safety valves, regulators and automatic control mechanisms.
- Use chemicals as specified, and periodically test and treat the condenser water and closed loop systems.
- Notify Facilities Supervisor when outside services are need for equipment repairs.
- Repair or replace defective piping and values.
- Manipulate valves to control flow of water and stream pressure as required.
- Make repairs to electrical and mechanical system in all areas of the premises when maintenance employees are not on shift.
- Maintain a detailed log book of day to day operations.
- Experience with AMAG/Symmetry access controls systems a plus.
- Troubleshoot problems to keep plant operating: blown fuses, leaking coils, power outage, boilers, and chiller restarts
- Respond to tenant emergency facility issues such as electrical, mission critical power systems and switchgear, emergency backup generator systems, HVAC and critical data center CRAC units, safety, and environmental concerns.
- Provide preventive maintenance (plan and execute) for core plant equipment, including boilers, chillers, pumps and water supply systems, water treatment equipment, high velocity air handlers, exhaust fans, air compressors, and fire suppression systems.
- Work directly with contractors on project and repair work.
- Perform both scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on building systems.
- Provide feedback and notifications and coordinate with 24/7 tenants involving scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance, safety concerns, and mission critical data center issues.
- Day to day prioritization and processing of requests for scheduled and non-scheduled building service, preventive maintenance, and emergency service requests.
- Coordinate with critical subcontractors for emergency service.
- Maintain maintenance and building system documentation. Operate and maintain the Building Management Control system. Recommend corrective and preventive actions to tenants and AiNET management to ensure mission critical operations are maintained.
- First Grade Stationary Engineer Maryland License
- High School Diploma
- US Citizen
- 10 years relevant working experience
- Strong skills in evaluating and proposing corrective action and operational improvements for needed repairs of equipment within facilities. Flexibility to be available to work any shift per job requirement.
- Proficient in interpreting plans and drawings specifications for all engineering related to electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge in writing, reviewing/revising standard operating procedures of utility systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and operating HVAC systems, chillers, pumps, generators, and cooling towers.
- Experience in troubleshooting and preventive maintenance in data centers, commercial, and residential buildings.
- Must be an experienced working Engineer specializing in Commercial and Residential Building Operations/Maintenance, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Fire and Life Safety (Sprinkler Systems) and access control systems. Functional working knowledge and understanding of Emergency Generators, UPS Systems, Centrifugal Chillers, Hot Water Boilers, Hydronic Heating and Cooling Operations, and Heat Exchangers. Ability to work independently in the performance of a variety of mechanical maintenance tasks such as AHU/Fan Coil preventive maintenance, and Hot/Cold service calls.