AiNET® Trusted Storage as a Service Offers Market-leading Performance, Reliability, Security, Scalability and Affordability
The need for storage is growing unabated. Streaming and new media applications and streaming are creating special challenges while regulations and requirements for audit compliance are stretching the time requirement for data retention beyond 10 years.
To address these challenges, AiNET developed a Cloud-based, Trusted Storage as a Service offering leveraging its own SAN platform – the AiNET Peta10. Using this platform, AiNET Trusted Storage as a Service is sufficiently agile and configurable to address virtually any storage requirement. It is well-suited for users of VMware®, Hyper-V®, Citrix® and Xen®.
Users within an AiNET data center directly cross-connect at multi Gigabit speeds to the Peta10-based SAN. For those in other locations, this transparent, turkey solution takes advantage of AiNET’s owned and operated DWDM fiber optic network for inter-building cross-connections to handle all the complexity of replication, restoration and even routine access at Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and even faster levels.
AiNET Trusted Storage as a Service Features
- iSCSI and Other Access Storage Protocols: Common protocols include iSCSI, NFS and Fiber Channel over Ethernet.
- Throughput Performance: Using storage racks that can collaboratively process loads, throughput can exceed 10GBytes per second.
- Cost Effective – No Capital Expense: Costly “forklift” upgrades of storage arrays, SAN (Storage Area Network) solutions and other legacy storage methods involve large capital expenses. AiNET Storage Solutions can be obtained on a simple pay-as-you-go model and are highly scalable on an operating basis.
- Simplified Outsourcing: IT staff shortages, employee turn-over and technology obsolescence make storage outsourcing and standardization a high-return application.
- Inherent Disaster Protection: By supporting on-site and near-site synchronous replication and WAN or geographic asynchronous replication, single disaster events do not place data at risk.
- De-duplication and Encryption: Available de-duplication and encryption extend better assurance than traditional, legacy storage systems.
- Cloud Ready: Storage can be accessed via well-known cloud APIs or be delivered as a private, standards-based cloud.
- Incredible Reliability – Built for 24/7/Forever: Hard drives fail, SANs become obsolete. AiNET Storage Solutions continuously and seamlessly refresh to the latest, newest technology with continuous performance and reliability monitoring – data access speed and security increase at no additional cost.
AiNET Trusted Storage as a Service Specifications
- Virtualization environments: VMware®, Hyper-V®, Citrix®, Xen®
- Storage methods: iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, ClusterFS (Lustre), MPIO, GPFS®
- Connection types: Ethernet, Fiber Channel, Infiniband
- Access speeds: 1 Gbps, 4Gbps, 8Gbps, 10Gbps, 16Gbps
- Primary-Secondary SAN switchover: Automatic Synchronous, Asynchronous, Intelligent, Manual, Schedule
District of Columbia:
- Washington, DC: 1275 K Street, NW
- Baltimore: 300 W. Lexington, One Market Center
- Beltsville: AiNET WDC-8*
- Laurel: AiNET WDC-13*
- Reston: 12100 Sunrise Valley Drive
* These data centers may offer special promotions or pricing.
Let AiNET help your organization regain control of your ever-expanding storage needs – contact us.