The accounting manager is responsible for servicing a commercial real estate portfolio in the most timely, efficient, and responsible manner. This is accomplished within the parameters of the serving agreements, loan documents, policies and procedures, and applicable laws.
- Monitor to ensure compliance with specific requirements pursuant to contractual servicing agreements.
- Communicate with internal and external special servicers. Conduct analysis, make recommendations and perform servicing duties in accordance with loan documents and servicing agreements while asset is special serviced.
- Monitor and administer the posting of all loan payments in accordance with the loan documents.
- Monitor delinquencies.
- Review and process reserve disbursements in accordance with the reserve agreements.
- Review/analyze insurance certificates related to the commercial property to ensure compliance with the loan documents.
- Monitor and oversee the payment of all taxes and insurance as required by the loan documents.
- Calculate yield maintenance and process payoffs in accordance with the loan documents and servicing agreements.
- Input and maintain loan and collateral data in the loan servicing system.
- Perform other duties on ad hoc.
Marginal or Peripheral Functions
- Administer all borrower inquiries and requests.
- Assist with special projects.
- Four year degree or commensurate with experience.
- 10 years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Quickbooks and MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Good organizational skills. Must be attentive to detail and comfortable with a high level of repetitive tasks.
- Willing to be flexible and adaptive.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; along with the ability to deal with clients and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Real estate law, appraisal, accounting/auditing.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Legal document review and interpretation.
- Keeps promises and honors commitments.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes and failures and learns from them.
- Openly expresses views and delivers candid and constructive feedback with a positive mindset to colleagues and higher executives.
- Welcomes constructive feedback and strives to improve personal effectiveness based upon feedback.
- Steps up to conflict and views it as an opportunity; finds common ground and fosters cooperation with minimum noise.
Drive for Results
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently a solid performer.
- Very bottom line oriented and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Demonstrates personal accountability for achieving results within established timelines and budget parameters.
- Understands the value of excellent client service and demonstrates commitment to client satisfaction for internal and external clients while balancing organizational profitability.
- Actively listens to internal/external client feedback and delivers appropriate solutions.
- Applies judgement within established guidelines to resolve client issues and needs and escalates issues to higher executives when appropriate.
- Identifies and involves the higher executives to make decisions and maximize results.
- Readily shares information, knowledge, best practices, and ideas within colleagues.
- Attentive and active listener; has the patience to hear people out and can accurately restate the opinion of others even when he/she disagrees.
Managing Vision and Purpose
- Demonstrates passion for improving business results.
- Understands how his/her role fits into the vision of the department and organization.
- Applies an understanding of the department’s vision and purpose to prioritize work.
- Standard office equipment.
- On the job training as needed.