Staff Accountant, CPA
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Beltsville, MD
Pay Range: $60,000-$85,000/yr
Schedule: M-F Flexed
Clearance Status: Must be able to obtain
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the overall quality of accounting and regulatory financial compliance. The Staff Accountant will oversee all financial activities such as reporting on revenue, training accounting staff, budgeting, dispersing funds to departments, managing risk, implementing policies, and improving financial processes. The Staff Accountant is highly proficient in accounting principles and feels comfortable managing the accounting process end-to-end while continuously looking for ways to improve what we do and how we do it, including embracing new technologies.
- Manage multiple entity and intercompany transactions
- Must be familiar with AP and AR
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents, records, and files [administrative functions]
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Review chart of accounts for relevance and accuracy
- Balance accounts by reconciling entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Balance general ledger by reconciling entries
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Prepare and keep track of multiple types of practitioner and corporate invoices
- Manage bill payments for various accounts
- Manage customer payments
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements and advise on necessary actions
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Excellent Excel skills (ie. pivot tables, vlookup)
- Strong organizational skills to manage a high volume of documents.
- Work well in a team, under pressure, and be able to multi-task.
- Must be Computer Savvy: required to have skills with QuickBooks, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, web navigation, apps, and troubleshooting.
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 5-10 years Public Accounting (Required)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org