Job Type: Full-time
Location: Beltsville, MD
Schedule: M-F Flexed
Clearance Status: Must be able to obtain
This Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall quality of accounting and regulatory financial compliance. This individual will oversee all financial activities, reporting on revenue, training accounting staff, budgeting, disbursing funds to departments, managing risk, implementing policies, and improving financial processes. As an Accounting Manager you are highly proficient on accounting principles and feel comfortable managing the accounting process end-to-end. You are a self-starter that continually looks for ways to improve what we do and how we do it, including embracing new technologies.
- Manage multiple entity and intercompany transactions
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents, records, and files [administrative functions]
- Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Review chart of accounts for relevance and accuracy
- Balance accounts by reconciling entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Balance general ledger by reconciling entries
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
- Prepare and keep track of multiple types of practitioner and corporate invoices
- Manage bill payments for various accounts
- Manage customer payments
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements and advise on necessary actions
- Other related duties as assigned
- CRE and EBITDA experience
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
- Excellent Excel skills (ie. pivot tables, vlookup)
- Strong organizational skills to manage a high volume of documents.
- Work well in a team, under pressure, and be able to multi-task.
- Must be Computer Savvy: required to have skills with QuickBooks, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, web navigation, apps, and troubleshooting.
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s (Preferred) and CPA Certification
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 10 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com