Accounts Receivable Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Beltsville, MD
Schedule: M-F Flexed
Clearance Status: Must be able to obtain security clearance
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will provide financial, administrative and clerical services. Accounts Receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts.
- Reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience working with multiple entities
- Other related duties as assigned
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com