Assistant Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Beltsville, MD
Schedule: M-F Flexed
Clearance Status: Must be able to obtain a security clearance
We are looking for an efficient Assistant Project Manager to contribute to and support the planning and execution of projects. The APM’s responsibilities include monitoring project progress, following up with stakeholders on the completion or delay of project phases, scheduling meetings, and maintaining project documents and reports.
To be successful as an assistant project manager you should be able to perform any tasks assigned by the project manager in an efficient and timely manner. An outstanding APM should be able to maintain oversight of all project activities, identify any issues, and ensure these are resolved promptly
- Liaising with project stakeholders concerning project details and deliverables
- Assist in the planning and implementation of projects
- Coordinate and manage project tasks and deliverables
- Researching information as required
- Analyze data as required
- Conduct administrative duties such as setting up meetings, drafting invoices, and drawing estimates
- Tracking and reporting project progress
- Performing other duties assigned by the Project Manager in an orderly and efficient manner
- Degree in business management or a related field preferred.
- Previous experience in project management or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Construction and residential experience preferred
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
EXPERIENCE: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org