Position: Executive/Legal/Special Assistant to the President
Perm Salary: DOE
Location: Beltsville, MD 20705
Work Status: US Citizen
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Executive-level administrative support experience
- Paralegal or similar support experience
- Effective communication and analytical skills, both oral and written
- This position requires a high level of discretion, tact, judgment, and poise
- Must have a solid aptitude for customer service
- Duties are highly confidential and require comprehensive knowledge of the policies and operations of the organization
- High degree of skill in grammar, spelling and punctuation are essential
- Requires excellent computer skills
- Familiarity and experience with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook is required
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; coordinating complex events with attention to detail; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings including the team that may accompany.
- Compiles and summarizes routine reporting with priorities based on those communicated to identify areas of additional attention as well as proactively requesting clarification where details are needed.
- Directly engages with partners, vendors, and internal/external teams on behalf of CEO to communicate updates, priorities and coordinate collaborations and activities.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Primary point of contact for virtually all matters pertaining to CEO.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with all staff.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting responses to social media, text, email, etc.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- The position will also be responsible for review of legal documents and contracts, and case management.