Position: NOC Shift Supervisor
Perm Salary: $60K-$75K DOE
Manager: Perry Fisher
Location: Beltsville, MD 20705
Work Status: US Citizen
- Experience: 3-5 Years
- Strong Linux / Unix Administration experience
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be available to work the times and days specified
- Must be willing to have work schedule altered as needed
- Must pass civil and criminal background, and drug test investigation
4 year College Degree
Public Trust or Secret Security Clearance or above
Day to Day:
The primary responsibilities of this position will focus on providing business continuity across existing daytime or overnight shifts (dependent upon the position), assignment of projects and oversight thereof to existing Tier 2 NOC personnel, as well as, technical mentoring of Tier 1 NOC staff. Responsibilities will also include, providing updates to the NOC Manager, coverage of sick-leave and PTO (Paid Time Off) for daytime or overnight NOC staff (dependent upon position).
Customers, via a ticket based support system, will dictate approximately 50% of your work. Supervisory roles as detailed in the job description, along with additional duties as assigned by the NOC Manager will dictate the remaining work load. This position will also be responsible for demonstrating an intermediate to advanced ability to administer LAMP (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP) style systems beyond simple installation and configuration. This includes OS specific level system and application specific performance tuning.
Training: All work is done on live, production networks and servers.
Ideal Candidate: An Ideal Candidate will have aptitude and knowledge in the following areas:
- UNIX Operating Systems, specifically FreeBSD and/or Linux derivatives. Ability to administer these systems at the command line.
- LAMP based deployments (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP), including performance tuning.
- Shell scripting and automation of system tasks (Bourne Shell, BASH, CSH are acceptable).
- Cisco IOS and switch based networking. Basic configuration of Cisco switches, including routing of IP addresses (IPv4 & IPv6). Experience with BGP4 and/or MPLS encapsulation a plus.
Ideal candidates will also display an experience or willingness to acquire experience Supervisory roles and the following areas:
- Advanced performance tuning of UNIX derived Operating Systems.
- Installation and configuration of both Windows and various UNIX OS.
- Installation and configuration of Virtualization technologies such as VMware/Xen/XenCenter/MS Hyper-V
- Cisco IOS and switch based network topologies, such as basic TCP/IP routing, OSPF, BGP4, MPLS and familiarity with Cisco devices.
This is a shift-based position located in Beltsville, MD. There are two potential shifts. The first shift will run 8 hours, 5 days per week on a daytime schedule. The current shift is Monday morning through Friday evening. The second shift will run 8 hours, 5 days per week overnight. The current shift is Sunday evening through Friday morning.