Duration: Contract Three (3) year base term with two (2) unilateral one (1) year renewal option periods
Salary: $105K – $125K
Location: Annapolis and/or Crownsville, MD
There is currently a need for a Project Manager who can assist in the coordination of operations with the participating departments on a day-to-day basis.
This Project Manager’s role will focus on the completion of the project, envisioned to be the end of CY2023, and ensuring the continued prompt meeting of project deadlines and tracking of the budget. This person will advise the governor’s office on the continued progress of the project, as it relates to each of the participating departments and to any factors affecting project scope, scheduling, and costs.
· Assist the Maryland State Governor’s office and Government Agencies to coordinate the completion of the MDTHINK Program.
· Work with state executive leadership, enterprise executives, and all stakeholders to ensure success of the MDTHINK program. In general, the Project Manager will organize, and coordinate all MDTHINK-related program and project activities in accordance with the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the MDTHINK Steering Committee. The role will also assist to develop new programs to support strategic direction of the MDTHINK Steering Committee and State leadership. This may involve creating goals that may be both short-term as well as long-term. To this end, the Program Manager will assist to develop the budget and all operating plans for the MDTHINK program.
· The major objectives of the Project Manager shall be to:
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to leadership and organizational objectives
- Develop program assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
- Maintain program standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
- Oversee multiple project teams, ensuring program goals are reached
- Carry out the program budget and funding channels to maximize productivity
· Together with specific direction and guidance provided by the State Governor’s Office and designated leadership, the Project Manager will perform work across the following activity areas:
- Work closely with program sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned state and agency business project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plans, budget, and timing for current and new initiatives
- Coordinate program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives.
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
- Assist in the development of a budget for the overall program and projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Work with other state and agency government and business leaders and program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the state
- Analyze, evaluate and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
· The Project Manager shall be required to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, standards and guidelines affecting Information Technology projects, which may be created or changed periodically. It is the responsibility of the Project Manager to ensure adherence and to remain abreast of new or revised laws, regulations, policies, standards and guidelines affecting project execution. These include, but are not limited to:
- The State of Maryland System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology at: http://doit.maryland.gov/SDLC/Pages/agile-sdlc.aspx.
- The State of Maryland Information Technology Security Policy and Standards at: http://doit.maryland.gov/support/Pages/SecurityPolicies.aspx.
- The State of Maryland Information Technology Non-Visual Standards at: http://doit.maryland.gov/policies/Pages/ContractPolicies.aspx.
- The State of Maryland Information Technology Project Oversight at http://doit.maryland.gov/epmo/Pages/ProjectMgmt.aspx.
- The Project Manager shall follow project management methodologies consistent with the most recent edition of the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide (PMBOK) https://www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards.
- A consistent methodology for all activities required under the RFR.
· Candidates will be evaluated on their ability to meet the minimum qualifications identified in Section 2.10 of the CATS+ Master RFP – 060B2490023-2016 http://doit.maryland.gov/contracts/Documents/CATSPlus2016/060B2490023-2016CATSPlus2016RFP.pdf in addition to the preferred experience/knowledge and skills listed below. Candidates possessing the preferred experience/qualifications/knowledge and skills below may receive a higher technical ranking.
· Master’s degree or current Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and at least one of the following:
- Current PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Current Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- Certified Developer (CSD)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Professional Scum Product Owner (PSPO)
- Professional Scrum Developer (PSD)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DaD)
- Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS)
· Project management experience and experience supervising technical staff.
· 5+ years in an advanced management role (preference for key project and program management experience).
· Working knowledge of enterprise IT architecture, systems integration and data interfaces and data governance.
· Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles, stakeholder engagement and management and performance evaluation process.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills at all organizational levels.
· Well organized and the ability to organize others to accomplish goals within prescribed timeframes.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships between business units to support a singular mission.
· Experience, within the past five years, managing integrated, enterprise-wide, cloud-based platforms, allowing multiple business lines or units across a business enterprise to integrate, share and manage data and from a single, shared data repository location.
· Proven proposal writing experience.
· Demonstrated success managing stakeholders enterprise-wide across diverse business units.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $105,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year