AiNET® develops and sustains the critical infrastructure of the cloud and everything it touches. We unlock the power of our clients’ IT systems to help them achieve their mission and accelerate their growth.
Founded in 1993, AiNET is a leader in the design, construction, operation, and support of Internet data centers, fiber optic networks, big data analytics, and secure public/hybrid cloud and enterprise clouds.
Learn more about how AiNET can help you modernize your information technology and empower transformation in your business today.
- WASHINGTON DC – AiNET has been recognized as a Future 50 award winner by SmartCEO Magazine, in recognition of the company’s lightning fast growth. The Future 50 Awards recognizes 50 of the Washington DC region’s fastest growing, mid-sized companies. At the awards ceremony at the Hyatt Regency in Reston on February 9th, 2017, the SmartCEO decision committee presented Deepak Jain, CEO & founder of AiNET, the award, recognizing him for his vision and leadership over his 24 year tenure at AiNET. “Receiving this award is really meaningful to me and our whole team at AiNET,” says Jain. “It’s recognition of the hard work we put in for our clients to help them overcome their challenges. We couldn’t have achieved the kind of exceptional growth this award recognizes, without putting our clients and their success before everything else.” Under Jain’s leadership the company has received awards in 2016 including a GovStar…Read more
- No longer a nice-to-have, today's businesses require a well-tuned, always-on IT infrastructure just to survive. But any organization can fall prey to disaster – be it from natural causes like fire, flood or hurricane, man-made problems like a denial of service or malware attack, or an accident such as a mass file deletion. You might think that most businesses would be prepared – especially given the increasing number of high-profile cyber-attacks, major weather events, and other business disruptions that have made the news lately. But you’d be mistaken. In fact, though many organizations have some kind of business continuity plan, only 27 percent of companies surveyed by the Disaster Recovery Preparedness Council scored a passing grade when it comes to disaster readiness. That means nearly three out of four businesses are not ready. And because the costs of system downtime can be extreme, the effectiveness of your response can determine…Read more
- It’s the rare IT professional who rates a security audit as among his or her favorite tasks. But while conducting an audit is nobody’s idea of a great time, best practices dictate that they be carried out at least annually. It’s necessary to take stock of security as it pertains to assets, risks, and information, especially in context of the implementation of current security policy. In fact, a good security audit is an exhaustive inspection and analysis of how security is actually implemented compared to stated policy. That’s why establishing and maintaining a formal security policy is the first and most important tip to conducting an accurate and effective audit. Your security policy is a set of guidelines and principles for how security is to be applied in practice. It spells out everything from acceptable use policies to penalties and consequences for failures to observe or maintain security, to rules…Read more
- AiNET Announces Platinum Sponsorship of ShmooCon 2017, the Premier Cybersecurity Professional’s ConferenceExtended Platinum Sponsorship of the leading organization of independent information security (INFOSEC) professionals highlights AiNET’s thought leadership in cybersecurity and in its highly secure cloud service offerings and physical security in its data centers. Washington, D.C. - January 12, 2017 – AiNET®, a leader in highly-secure cloud and data center solutions, today announced that for the 11th straight year it is a platinum sponsor of ShmooCon 2017, the annual conference hosted by The Shmoo Group to be held January 13-15 in Washington, DC. “We love to be part of the conversation taking place around cybersecurity here in Washington, D.C.” says Perry Fisher, Senior Vice-President at AiNET. “2016 was a record-breaking year for cyberattacks; we participate in events like Shmoo to keep our fingers on the pulse of the industry, to learn and to share our own experiences. The end goal is a world that is safer for everyone, and particularly one…Read more
- Businesses at 600 14th Street Northwest now have access to Washington's most flexible dark fiber services WASHINGTON, DC- January 06, 2017 - AiNET® has expanded its dark fiber network into Hamilton Square at 600 14th Street NW, allowing the commercial occupants the ability to upgrade to the fastest and most secure online connection in Washington, D.C. With the connection to AiNET's dark fiber network comes the flexibility to build custom networks designed around the client's specific needs. AiNET has greatly expanded their fiber optic network -- both dark fiber and lit -- in the downtown area in the last twelve months. Hundreds of miles of new network connect dozens of clients and locations in the downtown region of the city, extending the flexibility of network choice to the hundreds of businesses and organizations that call downtown home. Enterprise and business internet packages are available. D.C. businesses, non-profits, and government agencies…Read more
- From Keyboard to Cloud: How one client increased efficiency and reduced costs by leveraging a full-stack strategy with AiNETThe Problem: When the client first reached out to AiNET, their problem was a familiar one: their IT department wasn’t supporting their mission. This is a common story. This IT department was built like so many others: Hundreds of employees from different contracts, a patchwork of best-in-class technology “solutions” provided by multiple vendors, supplied along different delivery timelines, made the IT department anything but efficient and effective. This impacted the mission and led to dissatisfaction for employees, customers and stakeholders. The symptoms of these problems: Chronic downtime of critical systems. Huge delays implementing new systems Cost Overruns Senior leadership distraction with IT problems This lead to impacts business-wide: Technologies that the business required were delayed by years. Employees couldn’t rely on IT for completion of their critical projects. Executives were not able to focus on their core business and core objectives. The IT problem was further compounded by scale. The…Read more
- For most of the short history of enterprise-class technology, companies have spent their IT budgets buying, provisioning, and maintaining customized solutions running on corporate-owned infrastructure and networks. The problems with this model are many and costly: over-provisioning, orphaned software licenses, inflexible architectures, under-utilization, cyber security issues, zombie servers, the dearth of qualified IT talent, siloed solutions, aging systems that do not meet the demands of the 21st Century … the list goes on and on. The common theme running throughout is a lack of IT cost transparency: most companies have had no idea just what they are getting for their IT dollars. Return on investment (ROI) and total cost of ownership (TCO) calculations are still educated best-guesses. Very few in IT leadership can draw a direct line between a single technology and its financial benefit to an organization. As you will see, it is precisely this ROI/TCO trap that has…Read more
- Maryland technologist and entrepreneur wins Technical Trailblazer award for his pioneering technology work supporting a number of federal programs WASHINGTON DC – December 1st, 2016 - Deepak Jain has been recognized by SmartCEO as the winner of its prestigious GovStar ‘Technical Trailblazer’ award. The GovStar Awards program honors government contractors for their technology innovation, workplace environment, growth, veteran support and impact on the industry and government contractor marketplace as a whole, across a range of categories. At the awards ceremony at the Hyatt Regency in Reston on November 21st, 2016, the SmartCEO decision committee presented Mr. Jain the award, recognizing him for the important advances to federal programs and objectives that have been facilitated by the innovative technologies employed by AiNET, on behalf of government clients. “It feels great to receive this award,” says Jain. “Our team at AiNET is dedicated to our work, helping our government clients to perform their…Read more
- Founder and CEO of Maryland tech company AiNET, Deepak Jain, reflects on the challenges and successes of building his company from the ground up. Washington, DC – November 3rd, 2016 – AiNET’s visionary founder and CEO Deepak Jain is featured in the November issue of Construction Global Magazine, discussing the early days of the business he started in his mother’s basement at the age of 17. In the pre-internet era, a young Jain understood the potential of business opportunity better than most. In the article, titled “Solving the Impossible” Jain speaks about AiNET’s inception as a dial-up internet service provider (ISP), its growth into an international business, and its expansion into other areas, becoming one of the world’s foremost data center service providers. In particular, Jain recalls providing service to Mark Cuban and Todd Wagner of Broadcast.com, “We engineered their solution and supported them with our servers right up to…Read more
- Maryland technologist and entrepreneur nominated for Technical Trailblazer award for his work supporting technology efforts for the federal government Washington, DC – October 6th, 2016 – This has been a year of numerous awards for Deepak Jain, and his technology firm AiNET. On October 4th, SmartCEO magazine announced Jain as a finalist for its prestigious GovStar ‘Technical Trailblazer’ award. The GovStar Awards program honors government contractors for their technology innovation, workplace environment, growth, veteran support and impact on the industry and marketplace as a whole. The ‘Technical Trailblazer’ category is warranted for an entrepreneur who has spent the last 23 years innovating in the field of IT services. Jain holds dozens of global patents for innovations in data center Disaster Recovery/ COOP (continuity of operation), power distribution, and cooling within the data center, with the end result being data centers that outperform the industry in reliability, efficiency and security. “The…Read more
- AiNET sees continued growth in occupancy at One Market Center, its data center that anchors Baltimore’s downtown business technology hub, as companies expand to satisfy demand for IT services. BALTIMORE, MD – 9/20/2016 –– Perry Fisher, Senior Vice President at AiNET®, has noticed steady growth in occupancy, and a slew of contract renewals, at One Market Center – the largest data center in Baltimore. Standing seven stories high, and across the street from Baltimore’s historic Lexington Market, rows of tenant work vans and trucks often overflow the parking lot behind the building. Remarking on the recent Windstream Communications contract that has the national telecom firm expanding its footprint to 17,000 square feet within the data center, Fisher says, “It’s a good year to be in the data center business.” Much has been made of the burgeoning technology sector in Baltimore. At local TechBreakfasts, the monthly startup and technology demo…Read more
- Company continues to grow, launches a new program at AiNET to share trends, experiences, and vision for the future with industry, financial, and media analysts. BALTIMORE, MD – 9/13/2016 - Recent Gartner surveys of C-suite executives indicate that nearly 50% of all enterprise IT purchasing decisions will be influenced by analysts as large organizations recognize how much impact the right – or wrong – IT purchasing decisions can have on a company’s current operations, reputation, and future trajectory. As high-profile cases of IT failures that negatively impact business continue to make news (e.g. Delta’s $150MM data center failure that grounded hundreds of flights, or the Christmas Eve Netflix failure caused by Amazon cloud outage), and as technology impacts more and more the way businesses go to market, expect even more enterprises to turn to analyst firms such as Gartner, Forrester, and others for consultation on major IT purchases. “We watch…Read more
- Prestigious Baltimore Business Journal recognition shows growing traction in the Mid-Atlantic market for the global IT services company. BALTIMORE, MD – 9/7/2016 - AiNET announced it won the Top Minority Owned Business Award by the Baltimore Business Journal for 2016 in recognition as one of the largest MBEs in the region. The list of winners will appear in the 2016 Baltimore Business Journal Book of Lists. “Baltimore has a vibrant community of minority-owned businesses, and it is extremely exciting to be recognized as both a member and visionary, driving force in that community,” says Deepak Jain, CEO and founder of AiNET. “It is a reflection of both our commitment to diversity and equal opportunity, and a testament to our success in the IT services sector.” “In any given year, our workforce diversity represents between 45 - 55% of total employees,” Jain states. “We rely on our employees to drive innovation, and…Read more
- AiNET meets the demand for more high-speed internet choices in Baltimore City and Washington DC. Baltimore, MD – August 30th, 2016 – Beginning this week businesses, non-profits, and public entities in metropolitan Baltimore City and Washington D.C. will be able to speed their organization with Internet choice – all part of AiNET’s GOFASTER program. Michael Fox, AiNET’s Regional Vice President of Business Development responsible for the two cities, says the offer was sparked by demand the company was experiencing within the market. “We’ve been seeing lots of companies getting beat up on cost by many of the other service providers,” Fox explains. “I’ve seen some of our clients’ bills from their old providers, chock full of service charges, pass-thrus, and fees. Smart, affordable internet access is the lifeblood for organizations today. We know we can provide them more value, higher speeds with our low-latency fiber, and we know we can…Read more
- Expanded suite of managed services, next generation cyber security and world-class connectivity are available in AiNET’s CyberNAP data center in Glen Burnie, MD BALTIMORE, MD – August 23rd, 2016 – AiNET® has expanded its offering of full stack services within its CyberNAP data center in Glen Burnie, MD. In response to customer demand, the company built significant additional high speed fiber optic cable capacity into the data center which connects to its own private fiber network, the region’s largest. This new connectivity for clients of the high tech Maryland data center is the latest offering in an expanding full stack of best-in-class services that AiNET offers. In addition to a full suite of carriers and connectivity options within the multi-tenant data center, AiNET offers customers a wide range of technology services, ranging from Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) all the way up the stack to private and hybrid cloud environments. All of AiNET’s services…Read more